Something New …

The next time you crate a post, you’ll notice that that there’s been some changes. Along with an update of the underlying WordPress for this site, came a new, more flexible editor. I’ll put together a tutorial post this weekend, but in the meantime, please don’t get frustrated and be a little patient with me until then.

Read More

The Year That Was – a Block Lotto Review of 2018

The Year That Was – a Block Lotto Review of 2018

Happy New Year! As I was waiting for my Black-eyed Peas to cook this morning, I was thinking about the year that was, here at the Block Lotto. Last year, when I realized that the work and health-stuff I was dealing with was overwhelming, a number of quilters stepped up and took over the Block Lotto–one month at a time.  I probably haven’t said it enough, but I am very grateful to Robin, Cathy K, Angie, Beth, Deana, Nann (who hosted...

Read More

A Quilt idea for Scrappy Star blocks

A Quilt idea for Scrappy Star blocks

For those of you who celebrate it, I hope you had a peaceful Christmas.  A reminder to everyone that the drawing will take place on this coming Monday, New Year’s Eve.  As my time zone is about 7 hours ahead of most of you (UTC+02),  I will try to do it as close to mid-day Eastern Standard Time (UTC-05) as possible. And, after falling down the rabbit-hole of looking at pretty quilt pictures on the web, I found an idea for a quilt top with...

Read More

2019 Theme for Blocks (and rules for monthly Block Lotto Leaders)

2019 Theme for Blocks (and rules for monthly Block Lotto Leaders)

Based on the survey feedback, here’s my vision for 2019 and the rules for anyone who’d like to create a pattern and be the Block Mom for a month next year. Blocks will: Be 6 inches finished size As postal rates increase and rules become more restrictive about “squishie” envelopes, this feels like the right size Have designs which become something more when they are joined into a 4-patch. This could be something like the...

Read More

Halloween witches, goblins and ghosts have been working while I’ve been away

I’m happy to see all the beautiful Halloween blocks — we’re up to 59! I’ve been away from the site (and my sewing machine) for most of the month, so happy to see all the good work going on!  The running tally is in the October 9 post, so check to see if I have correctly listed your blocks, entries, and donations. Keep sewing, and start sampling that candy!...

Read More

Plan for Block Lotto 2019

Plan for Block Lotto 2019

I left the survey open longer than planned, hoping for more responses and just closed it.  We had 48 quilters respond–which is about half as many as last year.  You can see the results of the four multiple-choice questions and some of my thoughts here: 2019 Block Lotto Survey Results Based on your input and the suggestions you supplied, here are some of the highlights from my plan: There will be a theme and uniform size (6 inches) for all 2019...

Read More

Side by side …

Side by side …

Am I the only one who does this … when a new quilt from a lotto block quilt is posted, browse through the gallery to admire the other quilt(s) that other winner(s) made.  Take a look at Nancy’s and Julie P’s quilts side by side:     Very different and I love them...

Read More

Almost time for the August drawing!

Please check my list, here: http://www.blocklotto.com/2018/08/august-blocks-tally-sheet/ and make sure that I didn’t miss your blocks or make a mistake in the number.  (Note that there are 2 Lindas — one without an initial — and a whole bunch of Cathy/Kathy/etc. variations!) There’s still a little time to post your blocks — I’ll plan to do the drawing early Saturday morning, PDT. Thanks,...

Read More
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial