Community

Block Lotto 2019?

Posted by on September 2, 2018 in block lotto community, housekeeping | 1 comment

Please take 2 minutes and complete this quick survey:

Block Lotto 2019

Also feel free to leave more of your ideas, thoughts, criticisms in the comments of this post.

Thanks.

Side by side …

Posted by on September 2, 2018 in block lotto community | Comments Off on Side by side …

Am I the only one who does this … when a new quilt from a lotto block quilt is posted, browse through the gallery to admire the other quilt(s) that other winner(s) made.  Take a look at Nancy’s and Julie P’s quilts side by side:

Very different and I love them both.

Almost time for the August drawing!

Posted by on August 30, 2018 in block lotto community, housekeeping | Comments Off on Almost time for the August drawing!

Please check my list, here: http://www.blocklotto.com/2018/08/august-blocks-tally-sheet/

and make sure that I didn’t miss your blocks or make a mistake in the number.  (Note that there are 2 Lindas — one without an initial — and a whole bunch of Cathy/Kathy/etc. variations!)

There’s still a little time to post your blocks — I’ll plan to do the drawing early Saturday morning, PDT.

Thanks,

Julie

California Poppies

Posted by on August 25, 2018 in block lotto community | Comments Off on California Poppies

Here are my 2 California Poppies for donation.  Was fun finding the colors in my stash for these.

Karen

July Mailing Info has (FINALLY) been sent

Posted by on August 14, 2018 in block lotto community | Comments Off on July Mailing Info has (FINALLY) been sent

With apologies for the delay, the mailing info was emailed earlier today to everyone on the list of Red Forest blocks made in July. If you made blocks but didn’t get email from me, please let me know ASAP. Ditto if you see any mistakes in your info on the mailing info sheet.

As a gentle reminder to everyone, but especially those named Cathy, Julie, Karen or Linda, when you post be sure to indicate your last initial or where you’re from so that when I’m trying to match a first-name-only in the list to the right person I don’t have to look back through all the posts from the month to try to figure out who gets the blocks or the mailing info.  Thanks.

Poppy Questions – answered

Posted by on August 6, 2018 in block lotto community | Comments Off on Poppy Questions – answered

I received some questions about the poppy block, so I thought I’d answer them “in public” —

Q: I thought the color placement was to look somewhat like the block pictured on the instructions page with the reds, oranges and yellows EACH making diagonal “trails” on the block, copying the diagonal “trail” of the green squares?

A: No, only the green squares make trails — the red/orange/yellow squares are more or less randomly placed.  I think when the blocks are placed together it will look like a field of flowers.

Q:  I thought the greens were supposed to be rich and on the blued side, such as in Emerald, Kelly, etc. so as to show up well against the reds, oranges, golds and yellow of the “flowers” squares and not dusky, grayed, olivey or yellowy greens.

A: My plan was that the greens would be on the cool side (blue or gray) rather than yellowish.  Having said that, it’s hard to photograph some colors accurately, so I’m just hoping everyone tries to follow the color instructions with their blocks!

Hope this helps —

Julie

5 Summer Reading blocks for Julianne

Posted by on June 28, 2018 in block lotto community | Comments Off on 5 Summer Reading blocks for Julianne

Remember Susannah?

Posted by on June 23, 2018 in block lotto community | 6 comments

Oh Susannah! was our March Block Lotto assignment and I won 47 beautiful blocks. Fourteen more were needed for the size I wanted for an on point set. When only making a few blocks for a monthly drawing, each one is a little production of its own but a whole quilt is another thing entirely. While making those 14 extra blocks, I learned that these blocks sew up super quickly in a production situation. There are only 5 sewing steps and the first 3 can be chained! Next time you need to get a quilt together quickly, consider Susannah, you won’t be sorry.

(Dreadfully rainy here and quilt holders are scarce. Fingers and toes shown here belong to my painter.)

Postal Office and fees

Posted by on June 14, 2018 in block lotto community, uncategorized | 4 comments

Karen and anyone living overseas! Don’t feel you have to donate your blocks because of postage; you should hold your head up and participate fully. All of us can take turns mailing out of the country. Each time I mail an envelope or package I marvel that someone is willing to take it from my home town and hand deliver it to my recipient. wherever they live in the world, in just a matter of days/weeks and charge such a tiny bit for the service. When I drop a letter in the mailbox, I am always grateful that I don’t have to buy a plane ticket and deliver it myself every time I want to mail something!  If you think about it, we should all salute the Post Office folks around the world for all they do so cheerfully and promptly.  I love getting mail and wish it wasn’t such a rare occasion now days.

2014 Star Chain Winnings

Posted by on May 7, 2018 in block lotto community, show and tell | 5 comments

Finished quilt from Star Chain 2014 winnings.

More on blog post today at Sane, Crazy, Crumby quilting. 

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial