Bonus – Lotto for Orphans and Duds
Here it is: Julie’s suggestion realized–a dud (and orphan) block lotto for all those extra lotto blocks we have. This will be a bonus lotto in addition to the one for the December Stripes block.
- You may enter up to a total of 12 blocks or blocks and/or fabric equivalents
- Blocks must be made from one of the patterns we used for the Block Lotto. They may be made from different fabrics than the color/fabric guidelines we used for the lotto, as long as they are made from quilting-quality cotton. They may be blocks that are well made but were wrong sized. They may be blocks you won that were unused in a project.
- Enter, as usual, by posting a photo of your blocks.
- If you want to contribute blocks without being in the drawing, be sure to include a note in your blog post with your blocks.
Those without Block Lotto duds or orphans can still play by entering with fabric, for up to 6 chances. A fabric equivalent for one block/one chance in the drawing is one of the following:
- One 4-inch wide width of fabric (WOF) strip
- One Fat Sixteen: 9-inch by 21-inch (or half the WOF) rectangle
- Two fabric strips from a Jelly Roll (each 2 1/2-inch by WOF)
Fabrics do NOT have to be pre-washed, to make it easier to use pre-cuts. If your fabric is not pre-washed, please include a note to the winner(s) to let them know.
Fabrics may be anything of your choosing. When in doubt, I suggest you send a black and white print.
Maximum Number of Entries
You may enter (or donate) a combination of blocks and fabrics, up to a maximum of 12 chances, 6 of which may be Fabric Equivalents.
Categories and Tags
For blog posts with photos of your dud/orphan blocks and/or fabrics, use the category blocks and the tag dud.
The deadline for posting/entering duds and orphans and fabric equivalents is December 31 at noon (east coast US time).
I will add a section on the at-a-glance page to track the entries for the dud lotto block drawing.