Playing with African violets
Today I did my block for the July (!) Bee I am in. One of the requirement for the block was to make a flower in the block so I thought I would use the African violet block from the blocklotto last month that I DIDN’T win as I loved that block so much and Sophie had nicely provided instructions for different sizes of blocks. I followed Ellie’s exampleof a pansy block but modified it slightly when I realised I made a mistake in the cutting!
I used the triangles off-cuts of my pansy to make the tiny pinwheel blocks
You can see the finished block on my blog.
Although this is slightly off-topic, I hope it is OK to post this here, otherwise please let me know and I’ll delete this post.