This isn’t a “set it and forget it” kind of thing
I am waiting to hear from Madison–one of our winners in the September drawing. She’s relatively new–she made her first lotto blocks in August. Unfortunately, as of yesterday, it looks like she hasn’t yet mailed those August blocks to three of the winners. And so, I’m a little worried.
If it happens, it wouldn’t be the first time someone found the site, sent me their info, made blocks and posted them and … was never heard from again. Despite ignored email messages from me, I have heard, “I couldn’t find the site again,”once before.
I do know how life can happen to any of us. I hope Madison is OK and I’ll hear from her today. Otherwise, we’ll have an alternate winner and I probably won’t include her blocks in the total–it’s a once burned, twice shy kind of thing.
To participate in the Block Lotto, it really doesn’t take much effort, but you can’t just make your blocks and disappear either. Once you have created your account and sent your info to me, you are REQUIRED to:
- Post a photo of your blocks if you are participating (in category: blocks)
- Check the site and/or email on the last day of the month, in case you are a winner. If, for some reason, you aren’t going to have access to the internet/email on the last day of the month, email me and let me know so I can confirm your address and find out what you want to do with your own blocks IF you win.
- Reply to my email if you are a winner
- Mail your blocks to the winners
There are other reasons to (optionally) post:
- When you mail your blocks (in category: sent and received)
- When you receive blocks, if you are a winner. Even one post when you have received ALL your blocks is appreciated. (in category: sent and received)
- When you are working on something from lotto blocks you have won, or lotto block patterns you have made and used on your own (in category: block lotto community)
- When you have finished a project from lotto blocks or using the lotto block patterns (in category: show and tell)
- If you want to participate in the Monthly topic and don’t have a blog of your own (in category: block lotto community)
And other reasons for email:
- If you should have received mail from me (sneak peek, mailing info) but didn’t
- If you ever have questions about anything, including guidelines, directions or see a problem with one of the blocks posted online
- To send feedback on the blocks you receive