And then … this happened
Earlier this month, I made a bunch of very scrappy purple tulip blocks with a plan to make a sewing machine cover. When they didn’t work out for the intended plan, I went through my scrap bins and made some more for a total of 25 blocks. The tulip blocks are made using this month’s block pattern and follow the rule that in each block, all four tulips are made from fabrics of the same color. However, I decided to use the complementary color for the center small square (not sure I actually like it). There are some in-progress photos of my first attempt to use my floor as a design wall on my blog here, Missing My Big Design Wall.
Most blocks contain 17 different fabrics plus the white background.
I haven’t trimmed anything or made a definitive decision about adding borders, but I wanted to share my scrappy bunch of tulips. I plan finish it and hang it in my bedroom in time for Spring.