July Mailing Info has (FINALLY) been sent

With apologies for the delay, the mailing info was emailed earlier today to everyone on the list of Red Forest blocks made in July. If you made blocks but didn’t get email from me, please let me know ASAP. Ditto if you see any mistakes in your info on the mailing info sheet. As a gentle reminder to everyone, but especially those named Cathy, Julie, Karen or Linda, when you post be sure to indicate your last initial or where you’re...

Read More

Poppy Questions – answered

I received some questions about the poppy block, so I thought I’d answer them “in public” — Q: I thought the color placement was to look somewhat like the block pictured on the instructions page with the reds, oranges and yellows EACH making diagonal “trails” on the block, copying the diagonal “trail” of the green squares? A: No, only the green squares make trails — the red/orange/yellow...

Read More

Remember Susannah?

Remember Susannah?

Oh Susannah! was our March Block Lotto assignment and I won 47 beautiful blocks. Fourteen more were needed for the size I wanted for an on point set. When only making a few blocks for a monthly drawing, each one is a little production of its own but a whole quilt is another thing entirely. While making those 14 extra blocks, I learned that these blocks sew up super quickly in a production situation. There are only 5 sewing steps and the first 3...

Read More

Postal Office and fees

Karen and anyone living overseas! Don’t feel you have to donate your blocks because of postage; you should hold your head up and participate fully. All of us can take turns mailing out of the country. Each time I mail an envelope or package I marvel that someone is willing to take it from my home town and hand deliver it to my recipient. wherever they live in the world, in just a matter of days/weeks and charge such a tiny bit for the...

Read More

A Rainbow Scraps Idea

A Rainbow Scraps Idea

I think it was Kathie who mentioned using this month’s block to use up scraps.  I thought that was a great idea, then thought about a quilt made from scrappy monochrome blocks and came up with this layout for a 60-inch square quilt using 64 six-inch rail variation blocks and a 6 inch white border.  If you are Zig-Zag-adverse, you could consider it. SaveSave...

Read More

Sophie: Catching Up with all of you.

Sophie: Catching Up with all of you.

A hideous allergy season in Santa Fe on top of some demanding work and health challenges has left me out of the loop.  I woke up early–way too early–this morning, so I’m playing a little catch-up with all of you. First, welcome BETH who not only is joining the Block Lotto this month, but is leading our session! You are a brave woman to make the leap from lurker to leader and volunteer in one fell swoop.  For those that are having problems...

Read More

Last Call for April Blocks – Noon & Light

Hello Quilters! Tomorrow is the 30th and I will be drawing for two winners at 1:30 PM (PDT).  I won’t be near a computer till then. So if you haven’t finished your Noon and Light blocks (or want to add more), you have until 12 Noon to get them posted. In the meantime, please check out the list of blocks donated this month (the link is in At a Glance) to make sure you are listed correctly.  Thank you for...

Read More

Hooray?

Hooray?

I am so excited to have won the Susannah blocks!! (On April 1st. Hmmm.) I love the on point setting and found these 2 diagrams on www.generations-quilt-patterns.com: With and without...

Read More

Last Call for Susannah!

Hi Ladies! Did you think this month would never end?!? LOL – I did! Anyway, tomorrow is the 31st and I will be drawing for two winners at noon (MDT). So if you haven’t finished your Susannah blocks (or want to add more), you have until then to get them posted. In the meantime, please check out the list of blocks donated this month (the link is in At a Glance) to make sure you are listed correctly. We are up to 91 blocks so far. Wow! And...

Read More

Some Scrappy Inspiration

Some Scrappy Inspiration

I was googling images of Oh Susannah quilts and found an interesting blog post with this scrappy version (with blocks set on point) … and a dozen others that were made from blocks donated for charity quilts.   Read more (and check out more of the quilts) here – Scrappy Susannah...

Read More
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial